Edirne Tour

  • City Tour In 12 Hours
  • Great Selimiye Mosque
  • Beyazit Kulliyesi (Musical therapy)
  • Professional local guide
  • Pick up and drop-off service

Edirne Tour


Edirne Tour from Istanbul; driving about 2 hours for to go Edirne was the second capital city for ottoman empire and is a gateway of Turkey opening to the western world, the first stop over for newcomers from Europe.

Tour Code Duration Location Price
IST-10 Full Day Edirne 90 €uro
Departure-From Destination Date Departs Arrives
Istanbul Edirne Daily 08:00 20:00
ItineraryHighLigtsWhat ServiceTour Map
Edirne Tour

Departure from hotel early morning and return late evening. We are driving about 2 hours for to go Edirne city. When we arrival to Edirne, we are going to visit with local expert guide;

Eski Camii, was built of cut stone and brick 1402-14 with fine white marble portal and decorative calligraphy on the interior walls and pillars.

Üç Serefeli Camii, the name of the mosque derived from the three balconies on the southeast minaret. Each balcony is reached by a separate stairway. The decorative tile designs on the minarets are all different. The minarets were the most important development in the structure of the mosque in the fifteenth century.

Great Selimiye Mosque, Edirne’s crowning glory, was built for Selim II, (1566-74) by Sinan who was the architect of the Abode of Felicity for 50 years. It was the masterpiece of Sinan’s old age. The symmetrical design strongly emphasised by the four minarets and the soaring rise of the central dome.

Beyazit Külliyesi is the largest in Edirne, the complex had a mosque and an hospital which was famous for the skill of its surgeons. In the octogonal, domed timarhane the insane were treated by musical therapy.

Lunch at the special local restaurant.

Semiz Ali Pasa Arasta Bazaar is also the work of Sinan. Completed in 1589, it is a long tunnel-like building with shops on both sides. Here you may buy one of  Edirne’s specialities, soap shaped like fruit or vegetables.

Meric Bridge (New Bridge) constructed at the junction of Meric and Arda rivers between 1842 -1847.

Kule Kapisi (12 C Tower Gate) is all that remains of the tower which once protected the principal gate of the citadel. It was rebuilt by the Byzantine emperor John Comnenus II (1118-43) as part of his repair of the Hadrianic defensive system.


  • Old Mosque – Eski Camii
  • Üç Serefeli Camii
  • Selimiye Mosque
  • Semiz Ali Pasa Covered Bazaar
  • Meric Bridge
  • Kule Kapisi
  • Beyazit Kulliyesi


  • Local expert guide
  • Entrance fee
  • Local Lunch
  • Transport by air-conditioned minivan
  • Hotel pickup and drop-off


  • Gratuities (optional)
  • Drinks, unless specified
  • Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking,subject to availability.